Saturday, December 31, 2022

What Happened in 2022

As 2022 is coming to an end, let's review what has happened this year.

1. Covid-19 pandemic continues globally. I hope that it ends soon.

2. Russia invades Ukraine. I wish that Russia stop right now.

3. The 2022 Winter Olympics was held in Beijing. The Russian figure skater Kamila Valieva was so promising at the beginning, but was soon involved in a scandal. I wonder if she is okay now, and hope to see her perform on the ice again!

4. Liz Truss became the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, but soon resigned after about a month and half. I wonder what she is doing now.

5. Elizabeth Holmes was convicted and sentenced to more than 11 years in prison for defrauding. I wonder if she is doing okay. It still sounds like a great idea to diagnose complicated diseases based on a single drop of blood. I wish one day it will become a science breakthrough.

6. Talking about breakthroughs in science: nuclear fusion, pig heart transplant to human body, the Webb Telescope images/discoveries, etc, there are so many. I haven't been keeping up with the science news, though.

7. The Amber Heard defamation case. I haven't heard that Heard was sentenced or convicted. That's right. Neither of them was. Please check the internet for the settlement. I guess the moral of this story is that, everyone should stay true to each other in any relationships, as defamation is not smart, and should be avoided. I wish both of them live the better versions of themselves, and enjoy happy lives in the future.

8. Some celebrities left us in 2022, including the following: Olivia Newton John, Irene Cara, Angela Lansbury, Vivienne Westwood, Ronnie Spector, Kirsty Alley, etc. I've seen some of them performing on stage before, and some of them in movies, such as Olivia Newton John in the movie Grease, Irene Cara in the movies Fame, and Flashdance, which inspired generations of young musical lovers, dancers, and singers. Rest in peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment